By Kryptic Coding
Are you sick of using bulky e-mails or fiddly USB transfers to communicate within the office, or send files? Well this LAN Communicator by Kryptic Codig is the solution for you. Simply chat or use one-line commands to send files effortlessly and for free over your office's network and never have to use a USB or e-mail again!
- Instant messaging
- Can upload files to server, which will be stored and can be downloaded by each user at any time
- Simple nickname system
- Can have multiple chats running on the same network
How To Use:
One of the things that make this program so great is the easiness of use. To create a server on your machine, simply just run Server.exe and it will show you the address that you can give to clients to connect to.
To connect to a server as a client, just simply run Client.exe and type in a nickname and then type in the address of a server (given to you by the person hosting).
After making a connecting you are free to make use of the program however you please. To send messages simply type in your desired message and hit return, and to upload and download use one of the following commands:
- /uploadfile [File Name] - Uploads the given file to the server
- /downloadfile [File Name] - Downloads the specified file from the server
- /getfiles - Gives you a list of all available files for download.
- /setnickname [Name] - Sets your nickname, is the same as returning the nickname entry field.
- /getnicknames - Gives you the addresses of all connected clients, along with their corrresponding nicknames
Here are some of the latest additions to Kryptic Coding's LAN Communicator:
- File Browsing: You can now browse for files when uploading rather than having to maunallu type in names (although you can still do that if you wish)
- New look: There is now a new look with the graphics being done in a completely different way. This also has improved the functionality of the program, bringing many of the input functions up to a much higher standard
- Better code: The code has been cleaned up, making programs run faster and more efficiently
- Server join message: You can now set a server join message that each uer will see upon joining